Detox Diets That ACTUALLY Help You Lose Weight
If you want to drop a few pounds, then you don’t want to waste your time following an eating plan that leaves the needle of your weighing scales in the same place. At the same time, the wrong detox diet could leave you feeling drained and more likely to indulge in unhealthy food once the detox is over!
Which diets work, and which ones should you avoid?
Do Try These:
5 Day Vegetable Cleanse
Eat three times a day but make it mostly veggies. That means juices (carrot, beetroot, spinach, etc) and any of your favorite vegetables eaten raw, steamed or made into soup. That’s a long list of possibilities: sweet peppers, eggplant, pumpkin, onions, broccoli, mushrooms, tomatoes and so on.
Add a spoonful of chia seeds twice a day for fiber, and a small pot of yogurt and a handful of nuts in the evening. Feel free to use a drizzle of olive oil, nut oils, lemon juice, spices and herbs as needed. Eat well to feeling satisfied and try to stick with the healthy eating detox for 5 days.
Try this one-day detox every few weeks and eat a balanced diet at other times to see and feel results.
Pick a day that won’t place any undue stress on you – a calm day when you’re not working is best. Upon rising, and throughout the day, sip lemon juice in hot water or green tea and hydrate with plenty of alkaline water. Eat a light vegetable-based broth for lunch and dinner, together with a portion of protein like chicken breast or tofu, and avoid dairy, sugar and processed foods.
The Ones to Avoid:
- Any detox diets that compel you to stop eating completely – the idea of detoxification is to eliminate the bad stuff: failing to nourish your body with basic nutrients isn’t a good idea.
- Avoid any detox program that also includes vigorous exercise. While you’re detoxing, you need to conserve energy, not push your body to the limit.
- Finally, don’t detox for too long – 3 days is usually long enough for most people to feel the benefits of detoxing.
Whichever detox diet you decide to follow, drinking ionized, alkaline water can really help. Here’s how:
- It keeps you hydrated
- It makes you feel full
- It delivers a slew of essential minerals
- It helps to flush toxins out of your body
- If you choose your water ionizer wisely, your alkaline water will not contain additional toxifying contaminants, such as heavy metals or drug residues found in tap water
Do you have any tips on how to detox successfully? Lots of people refine existing detox diet plans to fit better with their lifestyle and commitments. Is this you and could you help others to succeed with a wellbeing detox?