Ultimate Cleaning Checklist
Whether it’s a spring-clean, deep-clean, major declutter or quick weekend tidy-up, having a checklist of chores helps you to focus, whip through them quickly, and not leave anything out.
We’ve rounded up a weekly clean routine to help you freshen up your home and make it shine. Don’t touch that cloth until you’ve read this!
In the Kitchen
- Empty the dishwasher and put everything away
- Clear and wipe all kitchen counters
- Wipe down cupboard doors and the extractor hood
- Wipe any countertop appliances or objects, such as kettles and cooking utensil jars
- Wipe taps and clean the sink
- Steam or mop the floor
- Clean all windowsills
- Check the refrigerator for out-of-date food and clean shelves
- Wipe out microwave
- Clean oven
- Vacuum floors
In the Bathroom
- Wipe mirrors
- Clean basin and bathtub
- Spray and clean shower cubicle
- Steam or mop floors
- Disinfect toilets
- Throw used towels in the laundry and put out fresh ones
Bedrooms and Living Areas
- Put used bedding in the laundry and put fresh linen on the beds
- Tidy away any items not in use
- Vacuum and steam-clean floors
- Dust and clean sills, baseboards and furniture
- Clean mirrors
- Polish or wax wooden furniture
- Throw open the windows to let in fresh air
- Add a vase of flowers or replace candles
- Empty garbage and waste bins
Find Your Regular Routine
‘Phew! That’s quite a list, but most of these jobs will only take a few minutes at most – especially if you stick to a weekly routine and don’t let things build into a problem that needs to be fixed.
Chemical-Free Cleaning with a Water Ionizer
Ditching toxic chemical cleaners from your life is an awesome idea. Buy a water ionizer with a separate acidic water stream and you have all the cleaning products you need. Even better? It’s all-natural with no aggressive or dangerous chemicals. For example, the machines in the TyentUSA water ionizer range feature a Turbo Water option for perfect cleaning – it even tackles ovens!
What can you add to our weekly cleaning checklist? What did we miss?! Time-saving cleaning hacks are always popular – what are yours?
Have a closer look at your water. Give this a read to know what you are drinking https://t.co/dtcxRyMPqk#ionizedwater #alkalinewater #differenceinwater #waterionizer #healthywater pic.twitter.com/wCu5IAFs62
— Alkaline Water (@alkalinewaterus) August 3, 2021